"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." J.R.R. Tolkien

6.07.2015

CURRENTLY || beginning of summer











_______________________________

"Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."

HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW

_____________________________

|| lately I've been loving ||

homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream with brownies / the weekend and the chance it give me to dive back into a little photography / picnicking at a brother's baseball game on a sunny afternoon / fresh strawberries from the garden - trust me, they're a foretaste of heaven for sure / that wonderful game called Ultimate Frisbee / comfy dresses / sweet friendly purr machines (also known more commonly as 'cats') / a very special graduation ceremony to commemorate a big milestone / Audrey Hepburn movies / summer rain showers / the sweet things little kids say / the Feast of Corpus Christi  (Mass + procession + adoration - truly awe-inspiring and beautiful.  It's incredible to ponder on the infinite gift of the Eucharist, is it not.).

Grateful to God for the little blessings he continually sends in hard times.  From the kind words from a child's mouth when I'm having a rough day at work, to the beauty of His creation found in each little flower, to the comfort of His presence in Eucharistic Adoration.  He is there. He always will be.  Calling me to stop running from Him, but turn and be enveloped in His loving embrace.  When I think I am lonely and lost, I am not.  Because He is there.  I just have to give of myself, and trust.  Help me, Lord.

6 comments:

  1. "I need to read this to Sebastian" ~my inner Charles

    The part about never running from Him...so relevant, so true. This made my heart burn, Kathryn. Inspired. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE.

    And aren't HIS sweet blessings so timely and special and pretty much the best thing ever?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a talented photographer!
    God is so good, even when life is hard <3

    ReplyDelete