"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." J.R.R. Tolkien

5.25.2015

May adventures





Well hello there, I'm back.  

Sometimes you just need to take a blogging break, even when you don't intend to, because there's life to be lived.  

there was a very special trip to Virginia for my brother's college graduation.  And after the glorious early morning walks with the sunlight streaming over the misty Blue Ridge Mountains, and the fog rolling over the green hills near the river, and the dew sparkling on the grass, I didn't want to leave.  

then there was a precious week's time to spend with the older brother before he went off to his summer job far away from home...

there was high school to finish - and I did it!  Completely done.  It feels so good, but also so strange.  bittersweet.

there was spending time laughing with friends, chatting about anything and everything with them, recalling the best o' times, and making new memories.  

there was sending out grad party invites, editing trip pictures, and reflecting on graduation + change in life + the road goes ever on.  I feel like Bilbo.  In three months I'll be embarking on a journey over 2,000 miles long to the other side of the country for college... and leaving the Shire of home behind.  

but in the meantime, there have been cats to cuddle, movies to watch, books to read, gardens to weed, my job starting this week to get ready for...

I've been busy.  There's been so much to cherish.  the little things. the important things.  Most especially time spent with someone dear, who was only home for a week.

that's the time when you just leave your computer to get dusty, and you go live. life

But it's good to be back.  

8 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures, my dear! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to the graduation (and that you let me have your dog for the week). Congratulations on your high school graduation!

    The Starving Inspired
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Iris!! I always feel so good about leaving Maya with you, knowing she's going to have a wonderful time. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely delightful time! I'm sure you were enjoying life at its fullest. But It's good to have you back, Bilbo! :) God bless on this new path!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Elizabeth!! <3 God bless you too.

      P.S. I've been loving your posts about Cinderella! So lovely.

      Delete
  3. If I had put two and two together I probably would have gone to graduation to stalk you. So it might be good that I didn't. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know what, I almost contacted you to see if we could meet up! But then we were helping my brother move out, and my grandma was in town for the graduation, and there wasn't enough time. It's too bad. I would have loved to stalk YOU, or vice versa would have been fine. ;)

      Delete