"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." J.R.R. Tolkien

4.14.2015

Something More





My soul thirsts for something more.  Something ineffable and eternal.  Something that will last forever.  

I have this longing to perfectly capture the beauty I see everywhere with my camera. To love those around me with a more Christ-like love.  To live life as it should be lived.  

My heart stirs within me when I read the profound pages of Les Miserables.  The power and beauty of words.  If there were no one who loved the sun would cease to shine.   

And I feel like my words are so simple, and never express what I want them to.  They are so shallow, and just touch the surface.  Pictures can express the beauty my soul is drawn toward when all else fails me.  And C.S. Lewis.  It is amazing how he can put down on paper what I've felt for so long. 

Because the earth isn't my permanent home. There is something more. 

____________________________

“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, 
the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”

C.S. LEWIS
___________________________

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard Carrie Underwoods sing Temporary Home? It always makes me cry and has the same point as your last sentence. This is beautiful! (And that window view, though.)

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, no I hadn't heard her sing that before! How ironic that I made the same point. But it's beautiful. <3 Thank you so much, Iris. (isn't that view of the ocean amazing?? Those are all pics from my California trip back in February. <3)

      Delete
  2. Mm, my kindred spirit on photography. <3 I cherish the pictures which capture those memories that are so dear to me - even if they are blurry or silly. Everything you said is so, so true...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kindred spirits, yes. ♥ Pictures that capture sweet memories are the best and most wonderful. Thank you, dear. ♥

      Delete