"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." J.R.R. Tolkien

4.25.2015

bits of life // currently





WRITING // literature thesis paper about Emma.  loving every minute of it.

EATING // chocolate of course

READING // my favorite parts of An Old Fashioned Girl. Admiring Polly so much and wanting her to be my role model.

"I just try to look on the bright side of things; that helps one amazingly.  Why, you've no idea how much goodness and sunshine you can get out of the most unpromising things, it you make the best of them." ~ Polly Milton
#lifemottorighthere

LISTENING // Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik."  Longtime favorite.

APPRECIATING // spring flowers (but not spring allergies).  Also the wonderfulness of good friends.  Those at long distances, and those close to home. ♥  

ANTICIPATING // finishing high school in a few weeks. (!!!)

PRAYING // my first 54-day Rosary novena.  It's been such a blessing so far.

REMEMBERING // "In thee, O Lord, do I seek refuge." (Psalm 31)

14 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I just came across a dubstep remix of Eine kleine Nachtmusik on the YouTubes the other day... it's a regular on my playlist now. :) Not exactly traditional, but ya know. It's jammable.

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this. ♥♥ It's so sweet. And Iris, I just looked up Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Dubstep on YT, and day. made. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a thesis on Emma! Aah, lucky girl, that sounds delightful...what specifically is it about? And cheers for Rosary novenas! So glad you're joining us. :) Thanks again for the sweet comment about "Beast +Beauty'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for stopping by, Grace! I'm writing my thesis about Emma's internal character change in the story, and how her growth in virtue begins with knowledge of self. It's been a lot of fun so far. :) And I've been delighted to join the Rosary novena! Just after a week, it's already been a great experience. God bless! ♥

      Delete
  4. Love your camera, and YOU. <3
    Spring flowers and Emma and chocolate! Life is so blessed! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love YOU. ♥ It's crazy all the blessings you can find in your life when you just stop and look for them. :)

      Delete
  5. You are such a beautiful soul, Kathryn. Thank you for cheering my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Sami, you are always cheering mine whenever I visit your lovely blog. <3 Thank you so much.

      Delete
  6. Kathryn! You've been nominated for the Liebster Award! :) Over at my blog! Can't wait to read your answers! :)
    Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you for the nomination, Elizabeth! I'm so glad to have discovered your fabulous blog!! <3

      Delete
  7. This is so beautiful! I loved an Old Fashioned Girl, one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anne Marie! Isn't An Old Fashioned Girl such a fantastic book!?! Definitely an old favorite. :)

      Delete