"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." J.R.R. Tolkien

5.23.2016

coming back





 "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back?" 

//

I'm not going to say much, because I don't even know how to begin to say how my first year of college changed me. 
I just know I'm different. and it's a good thing. 

It's like I've started travelling down a certain road with my fellow classmates - a beautiful road, one of twists and turns and struggles and heartbreaks, but one that leads us toward the truth. and it's good.  Oh so good. I wouldn't have anything taken back.  Even the really tough times built me up and I wouldn't be where I am now without them.  Each obstacle was a blessing. And the good times we had were amazing.  there are so many beautiful memories...

but now we're separated for the summer and I come home and everyone else is on their respective roads, different journeys.
And we can't just go back to the beginning.  There is no going back.  We wouldn't want to go back. 

So it's hard to pick up the threads.  
  


12 comments:

  1. aaaaah yes to all of this. i understand. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I love how you used the quote we talked about... and oh, I love you. Beautiful, and even if the threads are now different, they can be woven together...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really sums it up so well. Aw i love YOU. ♥

      Delete
  3. WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    (okay I miss you and I miss home and I miss everything. <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaaah i know me too. I miss it all so much. <3

      Delete
  4. Mmm so much truth and beauty here.

    Glad to see you around the blogging world again, Kathryn. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good to be back! I have so much to catch up on around here. :) I've missed lovely bloggers like you <3

      Delete
  5. so.true. Miss you and love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw love you too. <3 hope you're having a blessed start to the summer.

      Delete
  6. Kathryn, what an inspiration you are! Sending lots of prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no YOU'RE the inspiration. <3 praying for you too!

      Delete